Land and Urban development in Punjab is under tremendous pressure from uncontrolled urban sprawl, deteriorating environment, deficiencies in basic services, shortages in the provision of housing, and absence of properly developed areas for economic activity, industrial estates, technology parks and related infrastructure.
Deeply concerned about the continuing deterioration of shelter and human settlement especially for the low income group, The honorable Chief Minister of the Punjab Mohammad Shahbaz Sharif has envisioned Punjab Land Development Company Limited(PLDC) to respond to the challenge with immediate interventions in the areas of affordable housing.
To provide affordable and decent abode to the people who have desire but don’t have the resources to fulfill their basic need of shelter.
To develop a coordinated system of human settlements in Punjab that respects the environment and values Punjab’s precious land resource. A system that facilitates economic growth, provides adequate housing (especially for the poor), promotes social well being and encourages a prosperous and responsible citizenship.
Punjab Land Development Company Limited is fully owned by the Government of Punjab and registered under Companies Ordinance 1984 Act with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan on March 9, 2010.
- To lead and inform evidence based human settlement policy for Punjab, taking into account the local needs, international best practices, and the emerging economic, social and environmental trends.
- To assign due respect to Punjab’s environment and its precious land resource. To devise efficient and sustainable system of land management, its use and responsible development.
- To address years of rural neglect and urban decay and to facilitate the development of sustainable communities, raising the standard of living and urban security, specially for the low income groups.
- Recognizing that cities towns and villages in Punjab are the real engines of economic growth, to develop an incremental, yet comprehensive, system of enterprise clusters, economic zones, and the needed infrastructure to connect them.
- To interface with stakeholders from all spheres of interests, including, private, public, political, civil, media and international organizations, forging a “Development’s Common” dedicated to improving the quality of human settlements in Punjab.